Wednesday, September 08, 2004

WARNING LONG POST:
It was the first day back at college today..sorry Induction Day :p. Pretty scary I didn't wanna go back but these were 2nd year or 3rd students so that was fine. The first year students officially start tomorrow and I officially start lessons tomorrow too.
Basically went to college before 9.00am most of us didn't have a clue where we were going because there were so many rooms with funny codes for our tutorial lessons. Eventually found my tutor who is new to college quite a cool teacher. Recognised couple of faces but I don't know them because I never talked to them, actually they never talked to me. So I felt kinda like a loner in the tutorials just like it has been in the last 2 years I've been here.
About 10am all students had to go into the lecture room where we have exams and a woman (from a Uni that I want to go to because it's not faraway from home) talked about Universities and what you should think about. Had a break and got my I.D photo done - I still look really funny on it! look's like as if I'm drunk lol :p. Went in to lecture room again listened to a student who graduated from University (about 40-50 mins from where I live) a year ago and he talked about what type of degrees you should look at, is the course right for you etc.
Had an lunch break came back for the workshop which included about how to apply to the UCAs forms to get into Uni and how to write a personal statement which is the important part to sell yourself to the universities. Finished around about 3pm and I think the whole day has been very useful. I just wish they did this stuff in the first year because it would have been easier what subjects to choose at college that could be a bonus for when you are doing a course at Uni.
The thing is though about the personal statement that I'm worried about when applying for universities because I've never been employed (I've only done work experience at school), haven't done any curriculum activities, workshops, volunteering etc....so my personal statement is gonna be so bland that I will probably never get a place in uni...and my application wouldn't stand out, would it really? so I dunno I think have to signup to some things to make myself sound interesting and done something in my life....I never knew how boring my life looks :p .....so I'm gonna have to join stuff now.

Problems with my subjects and timetables: this morning I asked my tutor could I do ICT couse but he told me to see the person who teachers it. Told me I may not be able to do it because I didn't do ICT as a GCSE at school so yeah that was a major disadvantagement (they never told me at school). I can't do Chemistry because I got a D in GCSE Maths and need to get a C. Since I've got a D in my Maths I may have to do the whole damn year again ugh! :/ to get a damn C. I can't do Psychology again because I need a C in GCSE Maths (why does my life hate me!)...overall I haven't made a good start so my timetable is all over the place. I'm still doing A2 Law and AS Business Studies but I need a 3rd subject and I don't know what to do at all. I'm crap at History, Biology, Physics, French and Geography. So the only subjects that I can do are either Religious Studies, Spanish or General Studies. I thought I'll do General Studies but that doesn't me any justice if I want to do Law as a degree. So I think I might take Religious Studies even though it has nothing to do whatsever in my future career but depends it doesn't clash with my other subjects on the timetable. I would have done Spanish but I can't remember any Spanish language that I learnt at school :p so that's another disadvantage.

I don't know it's going to be a nightmare for me this year, everything is completely not going right and it's kinda depressing me. But I can't depress this year because it's the last important year and I think my future life depends on it.....so anyone who visits here please motivate me to do the work and revise :D please...? even though I should motivate myself I need someone else to as my family can't motivate me to do this and that they just say hope you do well....and I don't have many friends at college this year since most are going to Uni so that won't motivate me.
Just anyone to help me to stay focused :p I want to do even more better this year and improve my chances to get into a University. Thanks

No comments: